After a busy weekend celebrating our older sons 21st birthday in Toronto I decided to make a quick White Bean Hummus with Spicy Crushed Paprika Dip. I simply love hummus with vegetables so for a change thought I would try making this kidney bean hummus, it makes a tasty change to chickpeas.
We decided to have a great vegan tomato and red pepper soup for starters and then enjoyed this awesome White Bean Hummus with Spicy Crushed Paprika dip as a treat.
White Bean Hummus with Spicy Crushed Paprika
White Bean Hummus with Spicy Crushed Paprika Dip
Recipe type: Dip
- 2.5 cups of white cooked kidney beans or 1 540 ml can white kidney beans
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- water about 1 tbsp
- 1 tbsp raw crushed paprika (I use the brand Eros Pista)
- The raw crushed paprika adds a very hot bite to this dip.
- In a food processor blend the kidney beans until a coarse texture.
- Add the salt, cumin, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and the tahini.
- Blend until smooth paste consistency, if too chunky blend in the water to blend smooth.
- Pour into a serving bowl and add the raw crushed paprika on the top.
- Serve with fresh vegetables or toasted pitas.