Well now, it’s hard to believe that it’s our older sons 19th birthday! Oh where, oh where did the time go? 19 years ago I gave birth to Ethan at Joseph Brant hospital here in Burlington Ontario. The weather was cold and it actually snowed. Philip had to quickly go out and buy the tiniest snow suit so that we could get him home all warm and snugly. Last night we went out to celebrate his birthday and of coming into a young man. Drinking age in Ontario is 19 but Ethan has always been adamant that he will not be having any alcohol what so ever. This I believe is a good thing, Ethan however decided that he should at least buy his Dad a pint so that he could say he got served and used his new ID.
One of Ethan’s favorite meals is curry, the spicier the better for him. I decided for his birthday that I would make a Vegan Vegetable Thai Green Curry. I’ve really never made a green curry before, it’s usually a red Thai curry or an Indian one. For this curry I bought a commercial curry paste, although I made sure that it did not have any fish products in it like most of them on the market. It’s made by Thai Kitchen and was perfect for this quick and easy vegan green curry.
- 1 teaspoon Coconut oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 thai chilli peppers diced ( with seeds if you like spicy)
- 3 tablespoon green curry paste (I used Thai kitchen it is vegan no fish paste)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 small green bell peppers or 1large
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 2 cups snow peas
- 2 cups baby bok choy chopped
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tin coconut milk
- Heat coconut oil sauté onions and garlic until soft.
- Add Thai chilli peppers and the green bell peppers. Sauté peppers for about 5 minutes. Then add the zucchini sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of vegetable broth and the green curry paste. Mix in with the vegetables. Add coconut milk the snow peas and bok choy.
- Cook until the snow peas are cooked but still a little crisp.
- Serve with your favorite grain.