I love this breakfast. I make the chia pudding without any added sweetener because the pineapple and mangoes flavors add the sweetness to this breakfast. You can add 1 tbsp of maple syrup or agave if you have a very sweet tooth to the chia pudding mix.
This recipe makes 2 breakfast bowls. There will be pineapple left over for other uses, but we need the whole pineapple to use for 2 serving bowls.
- 1 cup almond milk unsweetened
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large pineapple sliced down center
- 2 Ataulfo mangoes peeled and diced
- 2 Bananas sliced
- 4 tbsp coconut granola
- Chia pudding
- In a jar with a lid put the chia seeds, almond milk and vanilla extract. Mix together or shake the jar to mix together. Leave in fridge over night to thicken into pudding texture.
- Fruit bowl
- Slice the pineapple down the center. Cut the pineapple away from the pineapple shells, to use as 2 bowls. Then dice the pineapple into small pieces about 1 cup is used for the recipe.
- Place the chia pudding in the bottom of the pineapple shells.
- Layer the diced mangoes, bananas and pineapple on top of chia pudding in alternating rows.
- Sprinkle with coconut granola.