Vegan Thai Red Curry Paste
Recipe type: Vegan Curry Paste
Serves: 3 servings
- 4 medium red chillies
- 4 stems lemon grass, trimmed and chopped
- 2 level teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 4 shallots chopped
- 6 cloves garlic chopped
- grated zest and juice 2 limes
- 2 level dessertspoons hot paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons bright red paprika
- Begin by splitting the chillies in half and removing and discarding the seeds.
- After that wash your hands, because the seeds are very fiery and if you touch the delicate skin on your face after handling them it can smart and burn (I've done it so often!).
- Now simply place the chillies, spices and all the other ingredients in a food processor and whiz them to a coarse paste.
- Then freeze in 2-tablespoon portions – and don't forget to label and date.
- It will keep for 2 months.
This Red Thai Curry paste was used in this Red Thai Curry