Mid week Wednesday, always a hard day to get through. But at least it means only two more days until we venture of to camp land. I did a 40klm bike ride at the gym today, felt great doing a good workout. The rest of the day I spent getting organized for our upcoming trip. The pop up trailer is cleaned out and getting organized, camping is a lot of work lol but lots of fun once there.
Still haven’t decided what I’m taking up there to eat, and with it forecast to be going down to a balmy zero degrees C I’m not sure I’ll be able to BBQ. We’ll figure something out, but I think I’ll be taking my winter coat! Tonight’s dinner was another curry for the boys (we’ve told you how much we like curries right?) A quick and simple one that anyone can make in no time. I call this dish sweet pepper curry since the main ingredient is sweet bell peppers.
- 3 bell peppers I used 1 yellow 1 red 1 orange.
- 1 540ml tin diced tomatoes
- 1 onion diced
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoon curry paste
- Sauté onions scotch bonnet pepper and garlic in olive oil until softened and fragrant.
- Add cumin, coriander and garam masala. Sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the peppers. Sauté till semi- soft.
- Add tomatoes and curry paste.
- Cook until peppers are soft. About 20 minutes.
- Serve with rice or quinoa.