This parfait is so simple and easy to make. I tried to make coconut whipped cream from canned coconut cream without any success. I’ve tried various companies and it never comes out right. I tried other recipes from various blogs and still haven’t had success.
I bought So Delicious CocoWhip! Coconut Whipped Topping for this parfait. I liked the taste it’s good for a quick desert. This topping has made my life easier and saves me money from trying to make my own without success. You keep it in the freezer until ready to use. Defrost in the fridge, use just what you need and pop back into the freezer for later use.
This recipe makes enough strawberry chia jam for 4 parfaits.
If you don’t use all the strawberry chia jam it can be stored in an air tight jar for 1 week or it can be frozen up to 2 months.
- 4 cups frozen strawberries (defrosted) with juices
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tub of So Delicious CocoWhip! Coconut Whipped Topping
- 8 fresh strawberries quartered for toppings
- Place strawberries and maple syrup in a pan over a medium heat. Allow the strawberries to come to a boil, and let it continue to boil until it begins to break down and form a saucy consistency, about 5-8 minutes. If necessary, carefully mash fruit with a fork or masher until it reaches the consistency.
- Remove from stove. Stir in the chia seeds.
- Leave to cool completely in the fridge. The strawberries will thicken as it cools.
- Place 2-3 spoonfuls of strawberry chia jam in bottom of parfait glass or jar top with coco whip then strawberry chia jam. Garnish with fresh strawberries. Enjoy