Yeah, it’s Friday! You can see we live for our weekends lol. Does any body else out there have a ritual for there weekends? Friday night is always eat out night and have a nice relaxing pint. It’s also Coachella weekend, anybody lucky enough to be going? I wish we were going in the nice sun! My husband always streams it live on Youtube. He likes to watch it with our oldest son Ethan to scout out new bands to catch on tour.
I did another run this morning, approximately 10k, so I think I’m allowed a little treat. My little treat will be a slice of my freshly baked zucchini walnut bread which will be on the blog Saturday or Sunday. Today I had a great Pomegranate and Arugula Salad, the combination of pomegranate, arugula and walnuts compliment each other so well. It was so yummy and it’s super healthy! The seeds of the pomegranate are sweet, juicy and bursting with delicious flavor.
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup radicchio
- Handful of raisins
- ¼ large apple sliced
- ¼ cup pomegranate
- Handful of chopped walnuts
- Salad dressing
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 5 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and mix well
- Place the arugula, radicchio and baby spinach in a bowl. Layer rest of salad ingredients on top.
- Toss salad ingredients in salad dressing. You may not want to use all the dressing it can be saved for a later date or another salad.