Hi everyone, I’m really enjoying my summer break. I’m still sticking to a routine, not getting up at 5:30am though more close to 7:30am. Off to the gym i go it’s a pretty busy place at that time in the morning not used to that i usually go around 9am most people are at work by them. If you have been reading some of my blog you know that I worked Tuesday nights and it was pasta night. This made it easy for Phil to take a jar of sauce poured over pasta, voila dinner is served.
Since I’ve been home Philip hasn’t had to make his boring bland dish and hasn’t had any pasta since the beginning of July. That’s were tonight dinner comes into play, I thought I would make a more nutritious but again simple pasta dish for dinner. I would eat this sauce with zucchini noodles but this doesn’t go down well with the other members of the family.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 small eggplant diced
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- 1 large tomato deseeded and chopped
- 1 jar of organic marinara sauce( or your favorite sauce)
- Heat oil in large skillet and onion saute until soft and translucent. add garlic and red peppers Saute until garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add zucchini tomato eggplant and Italian herbs. cook until vegetables are soft about 5-8 minutes.
- Pour in marinara sauce and simmer for 15 minutes. add spinach until wilted. serve with your favorite pasta.