Your whole family will love this classic cookie recipe. Packed with oats and raisins, grownups and kids alike will agree they taste great.
Vegan Oatmeal and Raisin Cookies
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 16 cookies
- 1 & ¾ cups walnuts, toasted
- 2 cups regular oats, divided
- ¾ cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Place walnuts on a baking sheet. Toast walnuts in oven for about 10-12 minutes, until golden in colour. Watch carefully so as not to burn. When walnuts are toasted remove from oven and cool for a few minutes.
- Dump walnuts into food processor and process until just finely ground, do not over process.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, 1 cup oats, cinnamon, and brown sugar.
- Now add the dry ingredients to the food processor and process for about 20-30 seconds until mixed.
- In a small bowl add the coconut oil and microwave for 20 seconds to soften if hard.
- In the same bowl, stir in the maple syrup, almond milk, and vanilla, and pour into food processor.
- Process until the mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Remove bowl from processor and dump contents into a large bowl.
- Mix in the remaining 1 cup of oats by stirring or with hands. Fold in the ⅔ cup of raisins.
- Take about 2 tbsp of dough, make a ball, and then flatten with fingers.
- Place on cookie sheet. Repeat. Bake for 10 minutes at 350F.
- Remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes before placing onto a cooling rack for 10-15 minutes. Makes about 16 large cookies.