I love Sautéed mushrooms and onions. I often pull out a skillet, toss in sliced onions and mushrooms, a little bit of olive oil, salt and pepper, you can add them as a side to many dishes. Sautéed mushrooms are one of the best and quick ways to cook mushrooms. Sautéed with onion they get a wonderful flavor.
I cook my quinoa in my Black and Decker rice cooker which I love, it’s simple and easy but you can simmer the quinoa in the mushroom broth on the stove. This dish is so full of flavor its one of my favorites. This recipe makes 2 healthy servings or 4 side servings.
Vegan Mushroom Curried Quinoa with Tahini Sauce
Recipe type: Entree
- Tahini Sauce
- ½ cup tahini
- Pinch sea salt,
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp water
- ¼ tsp crushed red chili peppers
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 cups mushroom both
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ large onion diced
- 227grams mushrooms
- To prepare the tahini sauce, place all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Place quinoa and mushroom broth in rice cooker. Add the cumin, turmeric, garam masala and ginger to the broth and mix together in rice cooker. Close rice cooker and set to 35 minutes. Leave to steam. When quinoa is cooked fluff and leave to stand for 10 minutes
- If you choose to cook on stove place mushroom broth and spices in pot and bring to a boil. Then add quinoa and simmer until all liquid is absorbed about 12 minutes. Remove from heat, fluff and let stand for 10 minutes.
- While quinoa is cooking prepare mushroom and onions.
- In a large cast iron skillet heat the olive oil. Add the onions and mushrooms sauté for about 10-15 minutes until soft and caramelized.
- Spoon the quinoa into a bowl and top with the caramelized onions and mushrooms. Spoon over the tahini sauce and serve.