Happy Thursday everyone! I spent the entire day between cooking and gardening. My huge garden is a weedy mess. It’s so hard to keep up with the weeds when you work full time and are working on a food blog, the weeds get a back seat lol. But today I put on the gloves and got out my shovel and started digging and digging. The neighbors yard is beautiful but she’s out there every single day and all day. She doesn’t have a full time job but started her own landscaping company, maybe I should have her come and do my garden lol.
With all that hard back breaking dirty garden work I thought I deserved a little treat and mini carrot cakes it was. I was so happy that I already had all the ingredients for this simple recipe. Carrots, pecans, raisins and molasses are some of the ingredients. As you know simplicity is my middle name and this sites motto. It was so good I had two slices with my cup of pomegranate tea.
I made my carrot cakes in these great silicon loaf pans which are great for when the loaf has cooled you can just peel the pan away!
I made four mini loaves so Philip can take some to work for his afternoon snack.
One of my favorite nuts for baking is pecans but you could use walnuts too.
- 1 & ½ cup spelt flour
- ¼ cup Sucanat
- ¼ cup chopped pecans plus 12 for topping
- ¼ cup raisins
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- Preheat oven to 350F
- You will need 2 bowls. In one bowl place all the dry ingredients together and mix well together.
- In the other bowl mix the applesauce and molasses together. Then stir in the carrots.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the carrot mixture. Mix well together.
- Prepare four mini loaf pans either spray with a non stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper. I used non stick silicone pans.
- Divide carrot loaf mixture into pans top with pecans.
- Bake in 350f oven for 25 minutes.