It’s only Tuesday and I must say that I’m tired and cannot wait for the weekend lol. It was a stormy summer day today with rolling dark clouds, it poured down for a while but the evening turned out nice. On these type of days I like to prepare something simple for Philip once he arrives home from work.
I really do love those small new potatoes, weather they are in a salad, curry or stew. I think we even had a post where I BBQ’d them, oh so good. This dijon potato salad makes a great side dish to compliment a variety of mains like portobello done on the BBQ, or a nice green salad.
- 1½lbs baby potatoes with the skin on
- 1 ounce fresh chives
- ½ red onion, chopped into tiny pieces
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place potatoes into a pot filled with about an inch of water and a dash of salt. Let water come to a boil, then lower to medium heat. Allow potatoes to cook for about 20 minutes or until a fork easily pierces through them. Let the potatoes cool off for 10-15 minutes, and cut them into quarters
- In a bowl, combine the chives, red onion, olive oil, mustard, and garlic. Add the potatoes and mix. Add salt and pepper to taste, and enjoy!