Spent the day in the garden yesterday and paid for it today with a very sore back! It was a beautiful day too. It didn’t stop me from going to the gym though, back on track with some gardening tomorrow. I think we can finally say we are getting some real summer weather here in Burlington, high 20’s (Celsius) and sunny. Packing the trailer again for an upcoming weekend trip with Philips brother.
I wasn’t very motivated in the kitchen today so I made this quick and tasty curried tomato soup, boy was it delicious. Very simple to make with some great ingredients like canned tomatoes, Thai curry paste, coconut milk and fresh basil.
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 28floz Cans of diced tomatoes no salt added
- 1 15 oz Can Coconut Milk
- ½ cup Veggie Broth
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- ¼ cup Fresh Basil, chopped (to serve)
- Sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Heat up olive oil. Add onion and sauté till onions turn translucent. Add garlic and sauté for one more minute or so. Add tomatoes, coconut milk, veggie broth and Thai red curry paste to the pot then bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes. Puree in small batches in a Vitamix or blender till completely smooth. You want a nice creamy soup. Serve with fresh chopped basil and crushed red pepper flakes.