What a beautiful sunny morning out. Ethan is working his first full day with pay today, so proud of him. He puts lots of effort while volunteering at Philips work and it finally paid off. Now we have to setup a bank account tonight so he can have his pay automatically deposited, so exciting. Ethan is a good saver and has quite a bit of money in his room lol.
Plans are coming around on our first season camping trip, we are going to Hope Bay campground located on the shores of Georgian Bay. It’s a great location, a family owned spot very clean and quiet. They also don’t police it like some do. We go camping “up north” to get a way from all the rules and regulations of busy city life and relax. The last thing we want is some security guard telling me to go to bed. Yes we’ve had that happen at some camp sites. There’s nothing better than sitting around a camp fire relaxing with a cold beer and listening to some great jazz. Today’s recipe is a simple vegan corn and lentil bread that is both super yummy and healthy.
- 1½ cups warm unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon Apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup corn meal
- ½ cup red lentil flour
- 2/4 cup all purpose unbleached flour
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Line a 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- In a small jug or bowl mix together almond milk and apple cider vinegar. Set aside to curdle. In a large bowl mix together corn meal lentil flour, all purpose flour, maple syrup, baking powder and salt. Add the olive oil to the milk mixture and stir. Pour the wet mixture into the flour mixture and stir until combined.
- Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 30 minutes, until the bread is golden. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes. Serve warm.