Wednesday I had a great day at work, all the kids were happy playing in the sunshine which makes my life oh so good! We were outside most of the day, water play is always fun for the kids. And just being outside is a great thing. We are getting our recipes in order for our upcoming camping trip this weekend so keep your eyes open for that. We have not been to this campsite so it will be a good adventure and there’s some smaller towns on the way we can visit and explore.
The weather looks to be good for the entire weekend with only a hint of rain, fingers crossed it will be good. I do love following this vegan plant based lifestyle but once in a while I do like to have some chocolate treats. Trying to find vegan chocolate goodies in Burlington isn’t an easy thing. That’s why I decided to make my own chocolate goodness! I call these chocolate caramel balls even though there’s no caramel in them and they are 100% vegan and delicious.
The combination of dates, apricots, raisins and almonds give these balls that wonderful ewy gooey caramel flavor and texture and caramel has to be combined with chocolate lol. I used semi sweet vegan chocolate chips for this recipe.
- 1 cup raw almonds
- ½ cup raisins
- 4 dates pitted
- 4 dried apricots
- ¼ cup of semi sweet vegan chocolate chips
- Place almonds in food processor. Process into small pieces. Add the rest of the ingredients and process into a sticky dough. This will take a few minutes depending on how strong your food processor is. Do Not over process the dough will become oily and you don't want that.
- Take small amounts of dough and roll into small bowls. You should get about 14.
- Melt your chocolate chips in a double boiler or a microwave. I used my microwave.
- I melted them for 30 seconds stirred them and then another 30 seconds.
- Roll your balls in the melted chocolate and place on some parchment paper. Put in fridge for chocolate to harden. About 30 minutes.
- Store in air tight container.