Friday! yah made it another week. I drive my Autistic son Jordan to school every day and he asks me “what day is it?” When I tell him it’s Friday he is super happy that he made it to the weekend. He gets to stay up late to watch cartoons every Friday and Saturday night, that’s his thing as well as Lego. He has an entire room of his own that is filled with Lego.
Also Friday nights are pop and chips night for our other teenage son Ethan, so it’s a happy night all around. He spends the evening chatting with his Internet pals playing games. Remember when we went to friends and played vinyl records? Have I just aged myself? This recipe Vegan Celery Soup is what I took to work today for lunch, I love it with lots and lots of fresh ground pepper!
Fresh wholesome vegetables make this soup both healthy and delicious. The cauliflower give this soup it’s creaminess.
We just can’t get enough of that celery! Don’t forget the pepper!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped roughly
- 1 medium carrot, minced
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- ½ tsp thyme
- Salt & pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 lbs of celery, cleaned & chopped roughly
- 2 cup cauliflower, chopped
- 4 cups of vegetable stock
- Pinch of white pepper
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed Dutch oven
- Add onion, carrot and minced celery stalk and simmer on low until very soft, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add thyme and season with salt and pepper, cook for 30 seconds more.
- Add garlic and stirring cook for another minute until acutely fragrant.
- Add rest of celery, cauliflower and stock. Bring to a boil and then reduce to simmering.
- Cook until very soft, about 10 minutes.
- Season with white pepper.
- Using an immersion blender, or transferring in batches to a blender, puree until smooth
- Serve immediately.