Thursday, which means it’s almost the weekend! Todays weather report; cloudy with a chance of rain. At least it’s a whoping 4C outside, yes I said 4C. That’s the first time in a long time that it’s actually been above zero. I can just about feel the spring weather in the air. You can also hear the birds singing first thing in the morning which is always a real sign that winter is leaving us.
I spoke too soon, it snowed some more this afternoon aarrgghh! I set myself a challenge, it’s a 30 day no alcohol challenge. Some might think that’s an easy thing but believe me I love my ciders! We spend a fair amount of time socializing with friends which usually means dinner out with a couple drinks. It’s day 4 and I’m holding out just fine, although it’s not the weekend yet. On to tonight’s recipe. Once in a while you just have to have a burger, a vegan burger that is.
- 1½ cups of cooked black beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup carrots diced
- 1 cup celery diced
- 2 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon vegan worcestershire,
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika,
- 2 teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1 cup oatmeal
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Fry the onion, celery, carrots and garlic until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a food processor and pulse with beans, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, paprika and chilli until combined but still chunky. Pulse in the oatmeal and quinoa.
- Form into 8 patties.
- Fry in frying pan for 10 minutes or until brown and heated through or bake in oven at 350f for 20 minutes turning after 10 minutes.