Happy Wednesday everyone. Today is an extra happy and special day, Philip and I are celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary. It has been a great ride with some ups and downs but I wouldn’t want to do it with anyone else. I’m looking forward to the next 20 years and what life adventures will bring. We are going out for dinner to celebrate to a restaurant in Burlington called The Paradiso. It’s not a vegan restaurant but they do have a vegetarian menu that can be adjusted to make some vegan choices.
Today I made this banana cranberry loaf just because I had all the ingredients already in the pantry. It makes a great afternoon snack with a cup of tea.
- 2 bananas very ripe
- ½ cup Sucanat
- ½ cup applesauce
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 flax egg (1tablespoon flax meal mixed with 3 tablespoon water)
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Grease an loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl place bananas, Sucanat, milk, applesauce and flax egg. Mix with hand mixer or stand alone mixer until smooth.
- In another bowl mix flour and baking powder. Slowly add flour mixture to mixer. Beat until flour is fully mixed in and a smooth creamy batter is made. Stop mixer.
- Fold in cranberries.
- Spread batter evenly in loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and cool.