Happy Easter Sunday everyone! Did the Easter bunny visit everyone? We had the snow visit us this morning, not enough to stay on the ground but it’s snowing on April the 5th? When will it end. Whats everyone up to today? We have lots of work in the house of course, sometimes it feels like that’s all we do. It will be better once spring has finally sprung so we can start working in the garden.
This Easter morning I decided to make myself a Vegan Banana Blueberry Chia Parfait for breakfast. It’s one of those healthy breakfasts that actually tastes like a dessert! My favorite is plain vanilla chia pudding topped with fresh delicious fruits. You can just about add anything to these chia puddings to make it your own, such as coco, cinnamon and protein powder. This chia pudding is made with one of my favorite chia jams, blackberry chia jam. You can find the recipe for this jam here substitute blackberries for strawberries.
I like to make the chia pudding mixture the night before and leave it in the fridge overnight. You can make the chia pudding the day of if you are serving it as a dessert rather than a breakfast. You have to let the chia seeds set for at least an hour though.
- 3 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Toppings for chia pudding
- 2 bananas sliced into discs
- 2 cups of blueberries
- 1 cup of blackberry chia jam.
- 1 cup granola.
- Place all ingredients in blender (I use a Vitamix)on very low.
- Your just blending the ingredients together.
- You can whisk them together by hand if you like.
- Place in fridge to set at least 1 hour (the longer the better)
- When chia pudding is set start to layer your pudding into 4 glasses.
- First chia pudding then blackberry jam then bananas and blueberries then repeat a second layer and top with granola.