Another scorcher of a day here in Ontario! I went on an early morning 6km jog which was difficult in the heat. It’s funny how some days your body can easily do a 10km jog with no issues and some days you struggle with a couple km..I think it’s what you’ve eaten that plays a big role and when you last ate of course. It didn’t help since we were out with friends last night lol.
We are off to Toronto this afternoon/evening to support a band that we’ve become friends with. They are having a CD release gig at the Cameron House on Queen St in Toronto. His band is The American Pour and we’ve been going to see him live quite regularly for around 10 years.
Before we left we enjoyed a simple lunch in the backyard off Sweet Potato and White Bean Patties with Asian coleslaw. This coleslaw is not your typical since it does not have mayonnaise or a creamy dressing. The limes give it a bit of a kick and the ginger and garlic add some great seasonings. It’s mixed with a sesame oil and tamari sauce.
- ¼ head green cabbage shredded or sliced thinly
- ½ head red cabbage, shredded or sliced thinly
- 3 medium size carrots, julienned
- 1 cup of snow peas, julienned
- 4 green onions sliced thinly
- ¼ cup torn cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of tamari sauce
- juice of one lime
- 1 teaspoon of ginger, minced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Place all salad ingredients in salad bowl and toss together. Place all dressing ingredients in a small blender and blend until smooth. If you don't have a small blender whisk ingredients together. Pour into salad and toss. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.