Hello everyone, we made it to our camping spot. We arrived around 9:15pm after approx 3 hours of driving. A pretty smooth drive with very little traffic. It’s bloody freezing up here though! I think the actual temp is around 0C yikes! We are in our trailer (that has no heat) with wooly sweaters and blankets on. Oh well at least were having fun right? Right?
We’ve started a nice fire and it’s actually quite nice up here, quiet and no bugs! We were very hungry when we arrived so as soon as the trailer was all set up we sparked up the BBQ. Thank goodness Tricia prepared these sweet potato and white bean patties, you can call them burgers if you like. At home we have made them in the oven but they turned out just great done on the camping BBQ!
These little patties stayed together pretty well being done on the BBQ, as you know some vegan/vegetarian burgers tend to fall apart when BBQ’ed. They were quite delicious being up here in the frigid north.
I sandwiched my patties between some mixed greens, topped with my favorites avocado, onions, tomatoes and vegan chipolte mayonnaise. On the side I served my jicama salad which complimented the burgers great. Tomorrow we will be getting up and going for a coffee in Sauble Beach. I think it’s supposed to be around 18C and sunny Yeah!
- 2½ cups cooked white beans, drained
- 1½ cup mashed sweet potato (can be roasted, steamed or boiled)
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup kale
- 1 tsp thai curry seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- several dashes of freshly ground black pepper
- pinch of cayenne powder
- ¾ cup breadcrumbs
- ¾ cup oat flour
- In a food processor add the onion, garlic, kale and white beans and pulse until beans are broken.
- Add the sweet potato puree and spices and pulse few more times.
- Transfer to a big mixing bowl, add the breadcrumbs and oat flour and mix with your hands for about 2 minutes.
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Form the mixture into burger patties, place on a baking sheet, brush with olive oil and bake in preheated oven at 180C/350F for 30 minutes, flipping once. Enjoy!
- You can also BBQ these patties.