What a great first day camping up here at Fiddle Head camp site. It’s located just north of Sauble Beach in Oliphant Ontario. The weather has been spectacular today and tomorrow is supposed to be even nicer! The campground is very nice and clean and the sites are very large and grassy, the owner is a great guy and super friendly.
We spent the afternoon at the beach flying little electric quad copters and dune buggies what fun!
- 2 medium portobello mushrooms cleaned,
- 3 tablespoon sweet onion chopped very fine
- 1 rib celery chopped fine
- 1 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup zucchini diced
- ½ cup red bell pepper or yellow or a mixture of both diced
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes finely diced
- ¼ spinach chopped
- 2 teaspoon virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Balsamic reduction
- Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel, remove stem and set aside. Remove dark gills by running a teaspoon under the gills; scrape and discard. Brush mushroom generously with 1 teaspoon olive oil on the inside and outside; set aside until stuffing is ready.
- Sauté onion and celery in 1 teaspoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat until vegetables are softened and beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and continue to cook 3-4 minutes or until garlic is fragrant. . Add zucchini, sundried tomatoes and bell peppers to the same skillet and cook over medium heat until vegetables soften and release extra moisture, about 5 minutes.add spinach to wilt a little. Transfer to a mixing bowl Allow mixture to cool slightly while grill is preheating.
- Grill mushrooms over medium-low heat or in a preheated 350° oven for about 5minutes remove any juices that have accumulated in mushroom. spoon in vegetable mixture. Grill for another 5-8 minutes. Mushrooms will soften and wilt slightly when done. Use a spatula to remove from the grill place on plate and drizzle with balsamic reduction.