What a beautiful Canada day it’s been so far. The sun is shining and people are happy to be at the Canada day celebrations. They had a stage setup at Spencer Smith park with some local musicians playing. Lots of people about proudly wearing red and white, Philip couldn’t find anything lol. I wore my red and white outfit and was very proud. We didn’t go to the gym today but we did ride our bikes downtown for the Canada day festivities. We were going to pay a visit to our favorite vegan bakery Kelly’s Bake shop but the line up was horrific. They had tons of fresh baked cupcakes all decked out in Canada day red and white colors.
My recipe isn’t red and white but but it does have red strawberries and some coconut yoghurt. That’s close to the red and white theme right? On these hot sunny holidays I like to keep things simple, and whats more simple than a thick rich strawberry oatmeal smoothie! A very nice couple (two girls) yah Pride week and #LoveWins asked us if we wanted a photo together, we jumped at the opportunity since Phil’s never in the pics because he’s always taking them lol. Here we are on the Burlington Pier at Spencer Smith Park located in downtown Burlington Ontario.
- 1 cup almond milk(unsweetened)
- ½ cup old-fashioned oats
- ¼ cup blueberries(can be frozen)
- 10 fresh strawberries
- ½ cup coconut vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- Place ingredients in Vitamix in order listed. Turn on low and increase to 10. Blend until smooth.
- I love very thick and creamy smoothies like this one. If you like your smoothies more cold and icy I would use frozen fruit and less milk.