Hello from Gananoque day 2, sleeping in a trailer is no where near as comfy as my king size bed. Even after a rough night sleep we did a 5 mile jog. Jogging here was much more easier than Burlington the scenery was just superb it made the 5 miles seem like five minutes. I was very excited about this breakfast because it’s more like a dessert.
This strawberry chia pudding is oh so delicious. It makes a great breakfast but also could be used as a dessert. And the best thing of all is it’s very simple to make. I decided to make this chia pudding with coconut milk because it’s so rich and creamy. After breakfast we went out to explore the small town of Gananoque. It’s a beautiful small town located in the heart of the thousand Islands. If you like boating kayaking and cottages this is the place to visit. It,s also filled with little inns and B&Bs. One such place became our local while away from home call Stonewater Manor bed-and-breakfast it’s also a gastro pub. The owner is super nice and we chatted about our many trips around Ontario. It’s a great pub for a drink, lunch or dinner. Even though the menu isn’t vegan, you can make some vegan options by not asking for cheese etc.
- 9oz strawberries (about 10 large)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon raw agave
- 4 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 bananas
- 4 strawberries
- Place first four ingredients in the Vitamix or blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into mason jar or container with a lid.
- Mix in the chia seeds. Place in fridge with lid on. After 1 hour stir the pudding again place back in fridge leave for at least 4 hours. It is best to leave overnight.
- Layer sliced bananas in bottom of 2serving bowls or glasses pour some strawberry pudding over top, then repeat. Top off pudding with fresh cut strawberries.