What a busy weekend, nothing but work finishing up the bedroom renovation. We ended up purchasing a new king size sleigh bed yah! After all you do need good sleep. Lately I’ve been on a strawberry kick, strawberry smoothies, strawberry cheese cake and now a strawberry salad. I put this little number together due to not having much time to prepare a full dinner. And sometimes it’s kinda nice to have something nice and light for dinner like a salad.
The combination of sweetness from the strawberries and the heat from the radishes give this Strawberry and Radish Salad a unique flavor that really does work. We make sure we always buy the organic strawberries since there is a lot of pesticides in the non- organic variety which isn’t that healthy. Actually everything in this salad ended up being organic, the spinach, arugula, radicchio, radish and the sunflower sprouts. The sunflower sprouts are the live type that contain the seeds so we can grow some of our own!
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup arugula
- 4 leaves radicchio lettuce chopped
- 4 radish sliced
- 6 strawberries sliced
- ½ red onion sliced
- ¼ cup live sunflower sprouts
- Place the spinach arugula and chopped radicchio in a bowl. Mix together
- Layer the red onion radish and strawberries on top. Then sprinkle with sunflower sprouts
- Serve with balsamic dressing
- Serves 1 large salad or 2 side salads