And we are back! It’s been rather a long time since we posted anything on this blog. We just got too busy and put the blog on hold. But now we are back again to hopefully post a few recipes a week on here. Were going to start thing off again with a nice hot spicy cabbage soup.
This cabbage soup is very flavorful and spicy. Please adjust the sriracha sauce and chili peppers accordingly to your taste preference. I feel the longer this soup sits the more flavorful it becomes, it’s also great the day after.
- 1 large red onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp crushed dried chili peppers
- 2 tsp of Sriracha sauce (adjust for taste)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 large carrots sliced
- 4 celery stalks sliced
- 1 medium savoy cabbage shredded into thin slices
- 6 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 540 ml cans of tomatoes with chilies
- In a Dutch oven heat up oil and add onions. Sauté onions until translucent add garlic and dried chili peppers. Sauté till garlic until fragrant.
- Add the vegetable broth and both cans of tomatoes. Stir in the Sriracha sauce.
- Add the carrots, celery and cabbage. Stir everything together in pan.
- Simmer for 30-40 minutes, until all ingredients are tender.