Another uneventful day spent most of the day in bed, not feeling well. I did take some time to make this fruit and nut mix. It’s for our camping trip that we are going on this Friday. It makes a great snack, a healthier alternative to store bought chips and snacks. To make a fruit and nut mix all you need to do is use a mixture of your favorite nuts and fruits. Mix them with oil, sugar and spices, it really is that simple.
Lots of fresh delicious nuts.
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1 cup raw walnuts halves
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup raw peanuts
- ½ cup pepitas
- 3 tablespoon maple syruo
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Pre heat oven to 350F
- In a bowl add the first 7 ingredients and mix together.
- In a small bowl add the rest of the ingredients and mix together. Pour the maple syrup mixture over the nut mixture mixing well together. All nuts should be coated.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and spread the nuts out on it.
- Roast in oven for 20 minutes. Tossing twice, until the nuts are glazed and golden brown.
- Cool completely and store in airtight containers.