Phew, are we both happy this day is nearly over. Well not yet for Philip. He had a compromise on his work network which kept him rather busy and stressed most of the day and he’s going back to secure the network tonight. I also had a rather stressful day too, just one of those days I guess. I rode my bike this morning and of course got wet through since it rained again lol.
On to a happier note I only have a week and a half left of work since it will be the school summer holidays and I’m off! Yah for me. I will be able to dedicate a lot more time to cooking up some great summer recipes so stay tuned! For tonight’s dinner it was a great spicy black bean soup. Simple yet again and oh so yummy. It’s made with wholesome everyday ingredients, celery, carrots, tomatoes, onions and of course black beans.
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3 carrots scrubbed sliced
- 3 stalks celery sliced
- 2 cans aylmers cracked black pepper tomatoes
- 2 can black beans rinsed drained
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 teaspoon cumin powder
- Avocado for serving
- Fresh cilantro for serving
- Place all ingredients in slow cooker. Cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 7 hours until carrots are cooked through and soup thickens. Then let soup cool a little and blend a third of the soup mixture in blender then return to soup. Serve in bowls with avocado and fresh cilantro.