What a busy day for the both of us, Philip was rushing around at work getting his IT stuff ready for his business trip and I was busy baking, running 14k, laundry and packing. Oh and I also worked today. The weather for the next few days looks quite abnormal indeed. We are expected to get 29-30C right until Sunday. That should make for some good Ottawa sight seeing. We are both pretty familiar with Ottawa since Philip has had many business trips out there.
Hopefully the blogs should reflect a “trip” theme the next few days, with different photos from the adventures. We’ll also try and get some recipes done but we may try and shoot some restaurant pics and do some reviews. I also baked some muffins for the trip so we will be able to get that recipe up. Tonight’s dinner was something quick and easy that can be made in a mere 20 minutes. soba buckwheat noodles with creamy peanut sauce, I’m not a big pasta eater (the boys are) but these noodles were delicious. Mainly though because of my love for peanut butter!
- 363 grams Soba buckwheat noodles
- ⅔ all natural crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon red curry paste
- Juice of 1 lime
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro plus more for garnish
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1 large carrot shredded
- 1 English cucumber cut into small strips
- 2 tablespoon of sesame seeds
- Bring 16 cups of water to a boil. Place soba noodles in water. Simmer for about 4-5 minutes. Do not over cook.
- Rinse noodles under cold water.
- Meanwhile purée peanut butter, curry paste, vinegar, lime juice, cilantro, ½ cup water in a blender nail smooth.
- Toss the noodles with the peanut sauce, green onions, cucumber and carrots. Top with more cilantro and sea same seeds. Serve.