Return of school is getting closer, can you believe only 2 and a half weeks and the rug rats will be back at school? I’m already having to prepare for my return, I spent the afternoon doing some workshops which all have to be completed before I return in Sept. Soon I’ll be getting the master list of all the kids in my program. And with back to school we all know fall is around the corner. Such a melancholy time of year.
Sometimes you just feel like some good ol guacamole. I like my guacamole chunky, something to bite into with corn chips. It’s so delicious. I added chipotle peppers to give it a little smokey flavor which I love. Avocados are relatively high in fat and calories but they are also packed with nutrients and heart healthy compounds. This rich creamy fruit can be used in sandwiches instead of mayonnaise.
- 4 Avocados
- 2 tomatoes, diced and seeds removed
- ½ Cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce minced
- Peel the avocados and remove pits. Place the avocados in a mixing bowl. Mash with a fork leaving some small chunks. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well together.
- Serve guacamole with chips pitas or veggies