Yeah, my evening shift at work tonight was cancelled due to freezing rain and snow! Tuesdays I work until 9pm which doesn’t allow much time to make a full recipe. I make my husband Philip tend for himself and the kids. That usually means Pasta and a jar of sauce.
I don’t eat store bought pasta or sauce because I prefer raw zucchini pasta, oh so yummy. So it was a perfect night for a quick bowl of Raw Zucchini with Avocado Basil Sauce, no cooking needed!
Raw Zucchini with Avocado Basil Sauce
Recipe type: Entree
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoon of fresh lemon
- Handful of basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- A tiny pinch of chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 zucchini
- Cherry tomatoes.
- Spiral the zucchini into spaghetti strands.
- Put all sauce ingredients in food processor until it resembles a creamy sauce.
- Place sauce into bowl.
- Mix cherry tomatoes and raw spiraled noodles into the sauce and serve.
I leave the zucchini skins on, but you can peel if you prefer.