Hi guys, welcome back we’ve been a miss for two days due to purchasing a new (well new for us) truck!. We’ll catch up the week with some exciting new recipes! Yes you heard that right, we purchased our dream truck, a Ford F150 Lariat pick up truck. It’s in excellent shape and I’m sure we’ll own it for a while. We’ve named it “Brutus” due to it’s 5.4L engine lol. So we are now at half way to owning our dream truck and trailer combination! The thought of driving out west and blogging and taking photos is a dream we’ve had for a while and now we are a bit closer to that dream!
Meet Brutus, our new baby!
It’s been a very hot weekend so far with the temperature well into the mid 30C’s With our furnace/air conditioner still broken (we’ll fix that in the fall) we didn’t want to make something that required heat! I made a great raw kale pesto with zucchini noodles for lunch. The main ingredients for the pesto sauce is a mixture of baby kale and basil. Since becoming vegan I no longer eat pasta, if we are having noodles it’s always zucchini noodles for me.
- Pesto Sauce
- 2 cups baby kale packed
- 2 cups basil packed
- ¼ cup raw pine nuts
- 1 lemon freshly squeezed
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 3 tablespoon cold pressed olive oil
- 1 green zucchini
- 1 yellow zucchini
- 10 cherry or grape tomatoes sliced in half
- Place the first 6 ingredients in a food processor. Turn processor on while processing add olive oil in a steady stream. Process until it becomes a smooth, light paste. If it’s too thick for your liking you can add more lemon or oil. If you don’t want it too oily you could add a tablespoon of water.
- Refrigerate for an hour before serving.
- Spiralize the zucchinis. Place in a bowl and toss with pesto sauce. Divide into 2 serving bowls and add the tomatoes. enjoy