It’s nice to have a treat once in a while, and this treat you can eat without feeling guilty. This Raspberry Frozen Treat is very simple and quick to make. Once finished they can be kept in your freezer to enjoy any time you like.
This dessert consists of a yoghurt top and a crust bottom. Fresh raspberries and bananas make this treat oh so sweet. The bottom layer consists of dates and almonds which make a good base.
- For the crust:
- 15 medjool pitted dates
- 1 heaping cup raw almonds
- A pinch of vanilla
- 3 tbsp water
- For the yoghurt layer:
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 cup raspberries and 12 for topping.
- ⅓ cup plain coconut yoghurt
- In a food processor pile the almonds into couched almond pieces (do not over process)
- Then combine rest of ingredients for the crust and pulse until a sticky mass turns out.
- Press the dough into suitable forms. You could also use a muffin tins for this.
- Now puree the ingredients for the yoghurt layer. Pour it on top of your crust. Then top with extra raspberries.
- Set it in the freezer for at least 5 hours.
- Take them out of the freezer 15-20 minutes before serving them – enjoy!