Today was a great work out day, I jogged 6k and I rode a stationary bike for 30k and did some weights in between. It was also a great sunny day out so jogging was really nice. Burlington is gearing up for our local Sound of Music festival this weekend. Lots of music, good times and hopefully nice weather. But hey this is Canada where we don’t book on anything as far as weather is concerned.
Tonight I made this delicious raspberry cashew cream parfait. Cashew cream is rich vegan cream that can be used in many dairy free substitutes. The good thing about cashew cream is that it can be flavored with different ingredients, you can make it savory or sweet. It could also be used as a dip base or a dessert. Now that summers here there’s nothing like fresh berries and cream. I topped this parfait with my Breakfast Fruit and Nut Granola
- ½ cup raw cashews soaked for at least 4 hours or overnight in water
- 3 tablespoons water
- ½ pint raspberries (1/2 cup raspberries for cream rest for parfait) 1-2tablespoon maple syrup or agave depending on sweetness taste
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup breakfast fruit and nut granola
- Drain cashews.
- Place in vitamix or another high power blender.
- Add 3 tablespoons of water, ½ cup of raspberries and 1-2 tablespoon maple syrup.
- Blend on high until very creamy and smooth.
- In 3 serving glasses put a tablespoon of granola in the bottom then a tablespoon of cashew cream then layer some raspberries, blueberries,more granola and more cashew cream. Repeat layers until serving glass is full.