Hello everyone, it’s been a hectic first week back to school and work. It’s been a fantastic summer but I really do believe fall is upon us. This weekend it rained and was around 12C all weekend. Time for some nice warm dishes and sitting by a nice warm fire. With summer over we can now get into a regular schedule of recipes.
I did make this salad a few days ago but didn’t get around to posting it. It was actually 32C out and the salad seemed like a great idea. This simple salad can be used as a side dish to a more heartier salad. It’s very simple and quick to make, it adds a zing to any salad dish.
- 1 lb radishes, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro
- ½ of a medium sized red onion
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, whisk together the orange juice, lemon juice and olive oil
- Add in remaining ingredients, and season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving , and make sure to toss the salad at the half point of its time in the fridge.
- Mix well before serving, and add additional salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve cold or room temperature.