What a hectic day, yes I can tell school is fast approaching. I was busy in meetings most of today. I spent much of the afternoon doing paperwork, going through the children’s files making sure everything is in order. Tomorrow I will be at school checking out the room for my program and making sure all my supplies are there. Oh let the fun begin. Philip on the other hand has been off since Friday of last week, works tomorrow Thursday and then has the long weekend off. It’s labor day weekend and Rib fest in Burlington. Not something that we actually like but they have live music and stuff.
Since it was another red hot and humid day today we really didn’t want anything hot or that required the oven to be on. We’ll be making enough of that stuff soon enough I suspect. I decided to make this simple and great pear and grape salad. We bought some fresh pears and some yummy grapes as the base of the delicious salad.
- 1 small head red curly lettuce
- ½ Radicchio shredded
- ½ Belgian endive shredded
- 1 cup green grapes seedless
- ¼ cup walnut pieces
- 2 pears sliced
- 1 small onion sliced in rings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a skillet heat the olive oil. Sauté the onions till they caramelize. Leave to cool.
- In a large salad bowl place torn lettuce, radicchio, endive.
- Layer the cooled onions on top of lettuce mixture.
- Then mix in the grapes, pears and walnut pieces.
- Serve with your favorite vegan dressing. I like it with just balsamic dressing.