Peanut butter and chocolate are a great combination of tasty treats. It cannot be denied that peanut butter and chocolate are a match made in heaven.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Balls
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 15 balls
- 1 cup 100% natural peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup, to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut flour (I used 2)
- 6 tablespoons gluten-free rice crisp cereal
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- Stir the jar of peanut butter well before using. In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter and maple syrup vigorously, for 30-60 seconds, until it thickens up. It will go from runny to thick during this time.
- Stir in the coconut flour until combined We're looking for a texture that isn't too sticky, but not too dry either. Let it sit for a couple minutes to firm up as the coconut flour will continue to absorb moisture with time. Add a touch more coconut flour if necessary. Or if it's too dry, add a touch more syrup.
- stir in the cereal.
- Shape into small balls (I made about 15) In a small pot, add the chocolate chips and coconut oil and heat over low heat, stirring frequently. Once half the chips have melted, remove from heat and stir until completely smooth.
- With a fork, dip the balls into the melted chocolate. Tap off excess chocolate on the side of the pot and place the ball on a plate or cutting board lined with parchment. Repeat for the rest.
- Place balls in the freezer for around 15 mins until firm.
- Enjoy store in fridge.
Stir maple syrup into the peanut butter, whisk vigorously until fully blended.