Another very busy day, how come work gets in the way of everything? Oh how I’d love to be working on recipes and this blog full time! It’s way more fun than real work and we always have something good to eat as well. Oh well one day I will be doing it I’m sure, it takes a lot of work and determination but I believe that I’ll get there in the end. Still doing the finishing touches on the bedroom renovation project. These projects always seem to take longer than you expect, what with real work, this blog and having fun there’s not much time for working on the house lol.
So for tonight’s recipe I thought I’d bring a little summer zest into the spotlight with Mexican Vegetable Fajitas. This is a quick and simple fajita recipe, one that you can simply whip up in about 20 minutes with some simple ingredients that you have in your fridge.
The great thing about Mexican Fajitas is that you can add just about any vegetable to make it your own recipe such as beans, rice, quinoa, peppers, onions the list is endless.
My fajitas are simple because the kids enjoy it this way, although they do love it spicy with hot sauce and salsas.
- 2-4 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp sea salt (fine)
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp roasted cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- Fajita vegetables
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow pepper seeded julienne strips
- 1 orange pepper seeded julienne strips
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 1 onion sliced in rings
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 zucchini julienne strips
- 2 cups Shredded lettuce
- 2 green onions chopped
- Cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado chopped
- ½ cup salsa
- 8 tortilla wraps
- Mix all the seasonings together in a jar.
- Heat oil in skillet sauté the onions and garlic. Add the peppers, jalapeño and zucchini. Sauté for 10 minutes you want the veggies to be golden brown. Add 1 tablespoon of seasoning to sautéed vegetables and mix in well. Remove to a serving dish.
- Warm tortillas in the oven
- Your now ready to serve with your favourite toppings.