Another hot sweaty day out there and I love it. A couple of days ago I ordered a Kitchenaid stand mixer and it arrived today yah. Lookout for tomorrow’s post I’m sure I’ll bake some kind of treat. We leave on Wednesday for a 5 day camping trip to Gananoque Ontario, it’s pretty exciting since we’ve not been before. Well we’ve driven through and it’s always looked nice. This time we are staying to explore the area which is well know for it’s 1000 island scenery.
We want to take a 5 hour boat ride around the islands. Watch out for some good photos (hopefully) I’m trying to decide what recipes to take and make while away. Back today with it being hot in the kitchen I thought I would make a delicious summer salad with scrumptious strawberries. The mixture of strawberries and mangoes is divine.
This strawberry mango dressing finishes this salad oh so well, made with fresh strawberries, mango balsamic vinegar and olive oil. I did purchase my mango balsamic vinegar from a specialty olive oil store here in Burlington called The Olive Oil Dispensary.
- 5 cups baby kale
- ½ large English cucumber diced
- ½ small red onion diced
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 mango diced
- 3 cups strawberries sliced
- ¼ cup raw slivered almonds
- 1 cup of sliced strawberries
- ¼ cup mango white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
- Blend all the ingredients together in a small blender until smooth.
- In a salad bowl layer the baby kale cucumber, red onion, avocado, mango and strawberries. Top with the almonds. Pour salad dressing on top.