Tuesday and my first full day at home for the summer. I started it with a great workout doing a 5k run and 27k stationary bike ride, then I cleaned up the house lol which is quite the workout! Tomorrow is Canada day here in, well here in Canada. We are popping out for a pint since there’s no work tomorrow for Philip.
This perky Mexican dish is where warm sweet heat meats cool and smooth for a refreshing salad. This Grilled Pineapple and Jalapeños with Fresh Mango and Avocado salad gets tossed together with a lime cilantro vinaigrette.
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon cilantro chopped
- I pineapple cored and peeled sliced into 1 inch rounds
- 4 jalapeños sliced in half length ways seeded
- 2 mangoes peeled pitted diced
- 2 avocados peeled pitted sliced
- ¼ cup pepitas
- Make vinaigrette by whisking lime juice, agave, salt and olive oil.
- Stir in cilantro.
- Heat BBQ to medium high.
- Lay pineapple in hot grill for several minutes to caramelize and flip over. At the same time grill jalapeños. When peppers and pineapple are slightly softened and grill marks appear remove from grill. Chop into chunks and gently toss with mango and avocado.
- Dress with vinaigrette. Sprinkle with pepitas and serve.