Work from home Fridays are great! I sometimes choose to work from home on Fridays to make the end of the week that much nicer. I do however actually get more work done since I have less distractions. I’m in IT and can remote into all my systems from home. Sometimes this can work to my dis-advantage, always being available is not a good idea! On the positive side I do get a healthy lunch when at home because Tricia is at home during the lunch hour and can cook something yummy.
Today she made an excellent Gluten-free Quinoa Salad with a Creamy Tahini Dressing. Quinoa is a seed and is related to other vegetables like beetroots and spinach (some of Tricia’s favorite things) The Quinoa is accompanied with cucumbers, grape tomatoes, green onions and of course lentils.
- 1 cup quinoa rinsed and drained
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ olive oil
- ¼ tahini
- ¼ cup warm water
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes halved
- 1 cup English cucumber diced
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- ⅔ cup chopped parsley
- ⅓ cup chopped mint
- 3 green onions sliced
- In saucepan bring quinoa, half the salt and 2 cups of water to boil over high heat. Reduce heat ,cover and simmer until no liquid remains and quinoa is tender about 15 minutes. Let cool.
- In a large bowl whisk together lemon juice, oil, tahini, warm water, garlic, cumin, pepper and remaining salt.
- Stir in quinoa, tomatoes, cucumbers, lentils, parsley, mint and green onions. Tossing to coat in dressing.