What a fantastic Thursday! Summer has officially begun for me, the schools are out which means my job has finished for the months of July and August yah! The kids were fantastic today which made everything that much easier. We had a beach party to celebrate the summer holidays which consisted of water play, water balloons, squirt guns and chalking and of course frozen yoghurt.
But planning all this really didn’t leave me much time at home for a recipe. I really wanted to take some cookies with me while we are camping so I made some fruit and nut granola cookies. The fruit and nut granola that I used was from this Breakfast Fruit and Nut Granola but if you don’t have time to make this granola you could simply use a store bought variety.
- 1½ cups of my breakfast fruit and nut granola
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 2 heaped tablespoon smooth natural peanut butter
- Preheat oven 350F.
- Mash up the bananas in a bowl. Add the peanut butter mix together. Add the granola and mix well together. It will be runny and goopy don't worry it will bind together in oven.
- Line a baking tray with parchment. Scoop a heaped tablespoon of mixture and place it on tray. It should make 12-14 cookies.
- Bake in oven at 350f for 10 minutes. Don't over bake they will burn on the bottom.