Who said breakfast has to include eggs, bacon and sausage? This breakfast is very yummy, filling and with out all the animal products. It had to be a quick breakfast though since I was headed for Ottawa on a quick 2 day visit for work.
I do enjoy my drive up to Ottawa, is Ottawa up? Any ways it’s about 5 hours through some of the nicest scenery around. It takes a good 2 hours to pass the mega metropolis we call Toronto and then it’s open road. We follow the 401 highway all the way to Bellville, turn north on the 37 to highway 7. That stretch from 37 to the 7 has some great scenery! All the lakes that dot the stretch of road were frozen over and the pines looked awesome in the snowy background. We drive through small quaint towns like Tweed which look like the rest of the world has forgotten them. We stop for coffee at Timmies no doubt, almost there. Unfortunately once in Ottawa it’s all work and no play. I’m here on some IT security business which isn’t fun at all!. Well back to that yummy breakfast that filled me up much of the day.
Some nice ingredients for the breakfast.
- Cajun potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 large potatoes
- ½ onion
- ½ red pepper
- 1 teaspoon of Cajun spice
- Fried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- ½ small red onion chopped
- ½ red pepper chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 cups of various cherry tomatoes
- 3 slices of vegan bread
- Method for potatoes
- Dice potatoes
- Dice onions and pepper
- Toss them in olive oil and Cajun spice.
- Roast in oven for 45 minutes at 450F
- Method for tomatoes
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half.
- In frying pan heat oil add chopped onions garlic and red peppers. Sauté till they are soft. Then add tomatoes and sauté for a few minutes. While sauté tomatoes toast your bread.
- Serve tomato mixture on toast with Cajun potatoes.