Turned out to be a beautiful day, after a freezing (well almost) morning. I do believe we actually had frost warnings last night. We are heading into Toronto tomorrow night to catch a London UK band play at the Garrison Pub/Bar. They play alternative rock (if I had to choose a category) The band are called The Palma Violets and Ethan really likes them. I think we’ll be the oldest ones there lol.
BBQ season is upon us, everyone loves grilled veggies, veggie burgers, veggie kabobs and grilled portobello mushrooms. Salads make really great side dishes for BBQs so I made a crunchy apricot coleslaw to accompany our grilled veggie burgers. It’s a very simple coleslaw with cabbage, carrots, sultanas and dried apricots with a very flavorful Tahini Dijon dressing.
- ½ cabbage shredded or finely grated
- 3 small carrots grated
- ½ red onion diced small
- ½ cup of sultanas or golden raisins
- ⅓ cup dried apricots chopped
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon horse radish
- Mix all salad ingredients in a bowl.
- In a small blender blend all dressing ingredients together until smooth and creamy.
- Pour over the salad and mix well.
- This salad can be served chilled or room temperature. Enjoy as a side dish or as a main dish.