This creamy chickpea salad has the same texture as an egg salad. It can be used to create a very nutritious sandwich or eaten as a side salad. I like to eat in lettuce boats. I garnished the salad with hemp heart toppers, it’s a hemp seed mix.
It comes in different seasonings and is great for topping salads and soups. There is a sweet version too that is good on fruit yogurt or oatmeal. For this salad I used the chipotle onion and garlic variety.
- 2½ cups cooked chickpeas
- 2 green onions chopped
- 3 stalks celery finely chopped
- 4 radish diced
- 5 baby carrots diced
- 1 avocado
- 1-2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1-2 tbsp hemp heart toppers bowl
- In a large bowl mash the chickpeas with a potato masher until flaky.
- Mix all the vegetable ingredients together with the chickpeas.
- In another bowl mash the avocado with the back of a fork and mix until creamy. Add the Dijon mustard and mix together.
- Add the avocado mixture to the chickpea and vegetable bowl. Mix together so that you have a creamy chickpea salad.
- Top with the hemp heart toppers.