What a hell of a day..Working on the bedroom renovation and had oodles of problems with the bi-folding doors and trim, we’ll get there..Deep breaths now. Not a great way to spend your last day of a four day holiday! But onto more positive things, we’ve been looking at potential summer camping spots in Northern Ontario. Specifically Killarney Park just north of Manitoulin Island. Should be some great photos there!
We love being out doors (since we are cooped up inside all winter) The fresh air, beautiful scenery and nice lakes. We have a small pop up Coleman trailer that makes the camping a little less rough, our days of sleeping on the floor in a bag are behind us! So busy today we had to have a quick Creamy Garlic Carrot Salad. This salad can be whipped up in 5 to 10 minutes and tastes delicious. I used heirloom carrots to add some variety and color but plain orange ones work just as good.
Heirloom carrots are a great traditional carrot, they closely resemble what carrots would have looked and tasted like between 100 to 150 years ago. These carrots are making a big comeback along with organic vegetables.
- For the noodles
- 2 small carrots made into julienne strips I used heirloom carrots to create different colours.
- 1 green onion sliced
- For the sauce
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1 small garlic clove
- To top carrots
- Handful of parsley chopped, sesame seeds, pine nuts
- Place all the ingredients for the sauce in a small blender (I used my magic bullet) until well blended
- Pour sauce over the carrots and gently mix them by hand to coat.
- Top with parsley, onion, sesame seeds and pine nuts and serve.