These little gems are easy to make and keep fresh in an air tight container for 10-14 days. They make a nice addition to a party table or wrapped up as a hostess gift. We used almonds in this recipe but you can use any other nuts or even a mixture of a few different nuts.
The nutritional yeast flakes add more protein without flavour. If you prefer, you could use your favourite flavoured protein powder but this could potentially add more carbs so be sure to read your lables!
Carob and Coconut Balls
Recipe type: Dessert
- ¾ cup raisins
- ¼ cup almonds slivered
- 2 tsp Carob Powder
- 10 Medjool Dates depited
- 2 tsp coconut unsweetened, shredded
- 2 tsp carob powder
- Place the raisins, nuts, carob, and dates into your food processor. Mix all together.
- Form mixture into a large ball and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll into small bite sized balls.
- Roll and press in shredded coconut and carob powder.