What a busy, busy day! We are leaving for a vacation tomorrow and wanted the house clean. There’s nothing worse than getting home and having a mess to clean up lol. In yesterdays post I mentioned that I was going to bake a treat today using my new Kitchenaid mixer. I didn’t have a lot of time but I did whip up these awesome blueberry banana muffins.
These little muffins are oil free and refined sugar free, but this does not affect the yumminess of these little gems. We are going to take some of these muffins camping with us so we can have a healthier snack on the way, it’s a 5 hour drive by the way. I’m so happy that my passport arrived on time for this trip since we may venture across the border for the day. Next post we should be in Gananoque and have some awesome travel pictures and recommendations.
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 3 very ripe bananas
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups blueberries
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 4 tablespoon Sucanat
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a bowl add the spelt flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix together.
- Place the bananas in the mixing bowl. Turn on mixer to whip the bananas until creamy. Add the Sucanat, maple syrup and mix again.
- Add the almond milk and mix again so everything is creamy.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the mixer, blending everything together until muffin mixture is evenly blended.
- Fold in the blueberries gently.
- Grease muffin tin. Fill ¼ cup with muffin batter and pour into muffin pans.
- Bake at 350f for 20mins or until skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool.