It’s officially the weekend! yah, we thought we might start a Friday tradition with Drinks Night! Some alcohol some virgin, but all great drinks. Another super weather day, we have decided to ride our bikes down to our local pub for a Friday evening pint. It only takes 10 minutes to ride down, and doesn’t make us feel too guilty for having a drink.
Tricia just loves fruity drinks so these martinis are perfect. They have raspberries and blueberries and just the right amount of vodka (Absolut of course) This drink does have some white sugar in it for the syrup which is still vegan, but once in a while it’s not that bad for you. If you are concerned about the sugar using bone char, I used imperial extra fine granulated sugar. It’s the weekend let your hair down!
- Berries and orange pekoe syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup each frozen (thawed) raspberries and blueberries
- 2 orange pekoe tea bags
- Berry tea martini
- 1½ oz vodka
- ½ oz fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ½ oz berries orange pekoe syrup
- 2 oz white cranberry juice
- In a heatproof bowl add the syrup ingredients and add 1 cup of boiling water. Stir and dissolve the sugar.
- Leave to cool. Strain out the liquid into another container cover and refrigerate. Will last up to 2 weeks
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice add the vodka lemon juice syrup and white cranberry juice. Shake till icy cold strain into a martini glass and garnish with berries.