Camping weekend yah! We set of nice and early this morning around 10am. It’s not a long drive to this camp site (Craigleith Provincial Park) around 2 1/2 hours total driving. We didn’t come straight to the site, we made a detour at Creemore Springs. A lovely little town just south of Collingwood. It’s pretty famous around these parts for a great vegan, yes I said vegan brewery.
We had a little tour of the brewery and the nice girl explained that yes this beer is 100% vegan with no animal products. We now have a beer we can enjoy! It also tastes great. Unfortunately they will not ship to the states since that would mean they have to put preservatives in it. They follow the Bavarian law of beer making dating back to the 15th century. It means they can only have 4 ingredients, barley, hops, spring water and yeast. The brewery uses a local Creemore spring located on the founders property to make the beer. It is trucked in daily about 6 times.
Once at the campsite we got all set up so that we could go on a bike ride. It’s a nice quite site located in between Collingwood and Thornbury
Here we are ready to set off on a 45 minute bike ride to Thornbury. It was a bit windy and cold but we made it. We stopped at a local pub called Bridges in Thornbury for a quick bite to energize ourselves for the ride back.
It’s a nice little tavern (well not too little) and they were very accommodating and made me a superb beet and apple walnut salad that was to die for! This tavern has a great patio for the summer which isn’t quite here yet lol. We headed back to make our veggie kebabs. Riding back was much easier due to going with the wind.
- 1 red bell pepper diced into squares
- 1 yellow bell pepper diced into squares
- 1 orange bell pepper diced into squares
- 1 small red onion diced into squares
- mushrooms cut in half
- 1 zucchini sliced in circles
- 3 tablespoon Olive oil
- 4 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup cilantro
- Place all marinade in blender and blend together.
- Pour over vegetables in a container with a lid. Marinate for a least 4 hours in fridge.
- Place vegetables on skewers ready for BBQ.
- BBQ until vegetables are cooked but still a little crisp. About 10-15 minutes.